Data Science Live Book


Data Science Live Book


A book to learn data science, data analysis and machine learning, suitable for all ages!



Last update: 2017-04-21

What does it cover?

This live book (#dsLiveBook) covers common aspects in predictive modeling:

  • A. Exploratory Data Analysis
  • B. Data Preparation
  • C. Selecting Best Variables
  • D. Scoring Data
  • E. Assessing Model Performance

Upcoming updates

More info about methodological aspects in data preparation.

What programming language do I need?

Most of the concepts are independent from the language, the focus is on general concepts. But when technical example is required it is done in R language, using the funModeling package which you can install by doing: install.packages("funModeling")


Book Focus

  • Stimulate intuition behind concepts: The explanation of how to interpret results brings a deeper understanding of what is being done, boosting the freedom to use that knowledge in other situations regardless of the language.

  • Regarding technical aspects.... model creation consumes around 10% of almost any predictive modeling project; the Live Book and funModeling will try to cover remaining 90%.


Why a live book ? Hopefully this book barely has an end, it will be updated periodically. And you can contribute! below the github link.




Data Science Heroes Facebook and Data Science Heroes Twitter

First published at: livebook.datascienceheroes.com


This book is under Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International license.

results matching ""

    No results matching ""